Sweet Oddity Art - Pickles the Pterodactyl - Crochet Pattern
There is still time to download: 30 sec.
Thank you for downloading from us :)
- Share this document:
- Document found in the public.
- Downloading this document for you is completely free.
- If your rights are violated, please contact us.
|Type of: pdf|
|Size: 1.94 Мб|
Sweet Oddity Art 1
Sweet Oddity Art
Pickles the Pterodactyl Crochet Pattern
Copyright 201 9 of Sweet Oddity Art. All Rights Reserved. You are not allowed to sell this pattern.
You are not allowed to distribute or publish this pattern in any form. You are not allowed to
alter this pattern in any form.
Sweet Oddity Art 2
11 inches from foot to t op of head with weight 4 yarn and a 3.25 mm hook
Skill Level Needed:
Intermediate - suitable for novice crocheters, requires patience and precisions when assembling
the pterodactyl and basic crochet skills.
If you have any questions or concerns about this pattern, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I will get b ack to you within 24 hours.
Yarn: Worsted Weight #4, approximately 100g o f main color, 50 -75g of accent colors
Color A: Purple, Col or B: Green, Color C: Blue, Color D: Pink, Color E : Yellow
Hook Size: D Hook or 3.25 mm
15 mm safety eyes
Scissors, sewing needle, stitch marker, fiberfill stuffing
Black embroidery thread
mr= magic ring - crochet single crochet stitches in to the
adjustable loop BLO= back loops only
ch= chain stitch F/O= Fasten off
sc= single crochet stitch
sl= slip stitch
dc= double crochet stitch
inc= increase - make two single crochet stitc hes in the same stitch
dec=decrease - crochet two stitches together using the decrease method
(4 sc, inc) x 6= repeat the pattern between parentheses 6 times
• Do not join rounds unless stated, work in a continuous spiral
• Use a stitch marker to mark t he beginning of each round
• All stitches are worked in both loops unless stated otherwise in the patter n
Sweet Oddity Art 3
Crocheted from front of nose to back of head
Starting with Color B :
1. Make 6 sc into a magic ring= 6
2. (sc, inc) x 3= 9
3. sc in each st around
4. (2 sc ,inc) x 3= 12
5. sc in each st around
6. (sc, inc) x 6= 18
7-8. sc in each st around
Stuff the head as you work
9. (2 sc, inc) x 6= 24
10 -11. sc in each st around
12. (3 sc, inc) x 6= 30
13 -14. s c in ea ch st around
Change to Color A:
15. sc in eac h st around
16. (4 sc, inc) x 6= 36
17. (5 sc, inc) x 6= 42
18. (6 sc, inc) x 6= 48
19 -24. sc in each s t around
25. ( 6 sc, dec) x 6= 42
26. sc in each st around
27. (5 sc, dec ) x 6 = 36
28. sc in each st around
Place eyes between rows 1 7 and 1 8, leaving 1 2 holes between them. 1st eye is placed before
the 2nd increase. Count 1 2 holes after the first eye and place the 2nd eye. If you want the
sunken eye look, do not place the backs of the eyes on until row 2 7.
TIP! You may have to adjust the eye placement depending on yarn and hook size you use.
If you want the highlight on the eyes, follow the pictures bel ow before you place the backs of
the eyes on !
23. (8 sc, dec) x 6= 54
24. sc in each st around
25. (7 sc, dec) x 6= 48
26. (6 sc, dec) x 6= 42
27. (5 sc , dec) x 6= 36
Now for the eyes. Stuff the head well. Cut a long piece of yarn and remove the eyes. Place the
needle in the hole where the first eye was and thread the needle into a hole next to the eye
hole. Go back and forth between each eye hole repe ating the process from the first eye. Pull
slightly on the yarn after going through each hole. Do this about 3 times on each side until you
reach the look you want. Follow the pictures for help. There is also a youtube video I hav e for
extra help on this p rocess.
Sweet Oddity Art 4
To place the backs of the eyes you will need to remove most of the stuffing to place the
washers on the eyes then re stuff it.
28. sc in each st around
29. (4 s c, dec) x 6= 30
30. sc in each s t around
31. (3 sc, dec) x 6= 24
32. sc in each st around
33. (2 sc, dec) x 6 = 18
34. sc in each st around
35. (4 sc, dec ) x 3= 15
36. sc in each st a round
37. (3 sc, dec ) x 3= 12
38. sc in each st a round
39. (2 sc, dec) x 3= 9
40. (sc, dec ) x 3= 6
F/O and sew the hole closed.
Fo r the eyes:
Take some white f elt and cut 2 small ovals . On the top half of the oval , cut a medium si ze slit in
th e felt. Insert the eye into the slit you just cut . You may need to cut the oval a little more to
make it lo ok n ice on the eye. Follow the eye procedure with the felt on the back and place the
wa sher on the back of the eye.
Sweet Oddity Art 5
For the Sunken eye look:
Sweet Oddity Art 6
Starting with the l egs
With Color A:
1. Make 6 sc into a mag ic r ing= 6
2. Increase in each st around= 12
3-4. s c in each st around
5. (3 sc, inc) x 3= 15
6-7. sc in each st around
Do not F/O the 2 nd leg. Make 3 chains off the 2 nd leg. Connect to the 1 st leg wi th a s c.
Make 14 more sc around the 1st leg. Make 3 sc across the back side of the ch 3 you made. Work
15 sc around the 2 nd leg. Work 3 s c a cross the front side of the ch 3 you made = 36
Sweet Oddity Art 7
Body Continued :
8. sc in each st around 28 -30. Sc in each s t around
9. (5 sc, inc) x 6= 42 31. (4 sc, dec) x 6= 30
10 -11. sc in ea ch st around 32 -33. Sc in each st around
Stuff the body as you work 34. (3 sc, dec ) x 6= 24
12. (6 sc, inc) x 6= 48 35 -38. Sc in each st aroun d
13 -15. sc in each st around 39. (6 sc, dec) x 3= 21
16. (7 sc, inc) x 6= 54 40 -42. Sc in each s t aro und
17 -20. sc in ea ch st aro und 43. (5 sc, dec) x 3= 18
21. ( 7 sc, dec ) x 6= 48 F/O and lea ve a long t ail for sewing
22. sc in each st around
23. (6 sc, dec) x 6= 42
24. sc in each st aro und
25. (12 sc, dec) x 3= 3 9
26. sc in each st around
27. (11 sc, dec) x 3= 36
Sweet Oddity Art 8
Feet(Make 2) :
With Color B :
1. Make 8 sc into a magic ring= 8
2. (sc, inc) x 4= 12
3. (2 sc, inc) x 4= 16
4-7. sc in each st a round
Lightly stuff the feet from h ere on
8. (2 sc, dec) x 4= 12
9. sc in each st around
10. (sc, dec) x 4= 8
11. Dec x 4= 4
F/O . Leave a n e xtra long tail for sewing the fe et to the legs later on. Sew the hole in the back of
the foot closed.
Wings (Make 2):
W ith Color E:
1. Make 6 sc into a magic ring= 6 12. 7 sc, inc x 2, 7 sc= 18
2. 2 sc, inc x 2, 2 sc= 8 13. Sc in each st around
3. sc in each st around 14. 8 sc, inc x 2, 8 sc= 20
4. 3 sc, inc x 2, 3 sc= 10 15. 9 sc, inc x 2, 9 sc= 22
5. sc in each st around 16. 10 sc, inc x 2, 10 sc= 24
6. 4 sc, inc x 2, 4 sc= 12 17. 11 sc, inc x 2, 11 sc= 26
7. sc in each st around 18. 12 sc, inc x 2, 12 sc= 28
8. 5 sc, inc x 2, 5 sc= 14 19. 13 sc, inc x 2, 1 3 sc= 30
9. sc in each st around 20 -21. Sc in ea ch st around
10. 6 sc, inc x 2, 6 sc= 16 Do no t stuff the wings
11. sc in each st around F/O and leave a long t ail for sewing
TIP! If you fold the wings in hal f and single crochet them closed, they will be easier to sew on
With Color C:
1. Make 6 sc into a magic ring= 6 8. Sc in each st around
2. increase in each st around= 12 F/O and leave a long t ail for sewing
3. (sc, inc) x 6= 18
4. (2 sc, inc) x 6= 24
5. (3 sc, inc ) x 6= 30
6. (4 sc, inc) x 6= 36
7. ( 5 sc, inc ) x 6= 42
Sweet Oddity Art 9
Cheeks(Make 2) :
With Color D:
1. Make 6 sc into a mag ic ring= 6
F/O and leave a long tail for sewing
Head and Body :
1. Pin the head to the body for extra support. You may need to add more stuffing as you
2. Sew the head to the body.
Sweet Oddity Art 10
1. Pin the feet to the bot tom of the legs.
2. Use the long tail you left from before a nd sew the feet on to the bottom of the legs.
3. Weave in your yarn tails.
Sweet Oddity Art 11
1. Pin the be lly onto the stoma ch
2. Sew the belly on the pterodactyl.
1. Thread your needle with a long strand of white yarn .
2. Embroider some cla ws on the tips of yo ur wings.
3. Pin the wings onto the back of the pterodactyl.
4. Sew the wings onto the back.
Sweet Oddity Art 12
1. Pin the cheeks to the side of the face. Sew the c heeks onto the face.
2. Embroider some nostrils with black thread.
3. Embroi der some eyebrows with black thread.
Sweet Oddity Art 13
You now have your finished Pick les the Pterodactyl ! If you have any questions or concerns
please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or etsy convo me. I will get back to you asap.
Please share your finished pterodactyl with me as often as you want! I love seeing them!
Sweet Oddity Art 14
Exact Colors and Brand of Yarn Used:
1. Purple: Red Heart Lavend er
2. Gre en: Red Heart Spring Green
3. Pink: Red Heart Baby Pink
4. Yellow: Red Heart Daffo dil
You can use d ifferent eye and nose sizes. You might have to adjust the placements if you
change the sizes.
You can use different hook sizes and weights of yarn. It will just change the size of your
pte rodactyl and you might need to adjust eye and nose placement.
How y ou stuff matters! The type of stuffing you u se, how you stuff, all this matters on how your
pterodactyl turns out. I prefer Polyfil stuffing but you can use other types.